St. Anthony Seventh Grade Home Page
In all created things discern the providence and wisdom of God, and in all things give Him thanks. -St. Teresa of Avila
An overview of the 7th grade language arts and middle school science program is provided for you.
Please use Rediker to follow updates on class grades, assignments, projects, and tests. Rediker is the primary means of communication between teachers and families.
Our Class mission is for all of us to experience personal growth in our very own special talents of reading and writing. This mission will be fulfilled by aligning with the mission of the Diocese of St.Petersburg as stated below:
Language Arts Mission Statement
As a Catholic school, in the Diocese of St. Petersburg, our faith, traditions, and values are at the core of our curriculum, and as such, our teaching should reflect our Catholic identity. In the Language Arts we follow the Florida Core Standards. We are also called to actively integrate Catholic Social Teachings into our reading, writing, recitation, and discussion.
The 7th grade language arts curriculum has six strands (areas) of focus through which our faith will be integrated:
1. Reading process: Fluency, vocabulary development, and reading comprehension.
2. Literary Analysis: Fiction and non-fiction.
3. Writing process: Pre-Writing, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing.
4. Writing Applications: Creative, Informative, and Persuasive.
5. Communication: Penmanship, listening, and speaking.
6. Information and Media Literacy: Media and
technology in the research process
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read."
STUDENT SCIENCE CURRICULUM:
The curriculum for each grade level of science is based on the Next Generation Science Standards. The Diocese of St. Petersburg has further aligned this science curriculum with the appropriate supporting benchmarks in religion, language arts, mathematics, and health. Your student will also receive instruction aligned with Common Core Standards in science literacy to provide rigorous learning that will require your student to use critical thinking skills that will foster independent problem solving skills and make them college and career ready!
Homework must be completed each night. After three missing homework assignments in any combination of subjects (middle school classes), a demerit will be issued.
Student class work and homework assignments will be posted in class daily. The student should be copying assignments in their planner every day.
CLASS TO HOME COMMUNICATION:
1. Student Planner: Student should be writing class work, homework, quiz, and test dates in their planner for their reference.
2. The online grade book system: Create an account on Rediker and follow student assignments and grades.