St. Anthony Physical Education Home Page
PHYSICAL EDUCATION and HEALTH
Cassandra Plazewski, Grades K - 4 P.E./ Grades 3-4 Health: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suzanne Meyers, Athletic Director and Grades 5-8 P.E./Health: email@example.com
• Students are expected to wear the full P.E. uniform, including socks. that cover the ankle and athletic shoes (not the loose
skateboarding style shoe)
• A student out of uniform is given an alternate activity from the rest of the class during the P.E. period
• Students will participate in a regular schedule of P.E. classes
• A parental note is required if a student is to be excused from P.E. -Three days excused in a five day period requires a doctor’s note.
• Students who miss P.E. for ANY reason may be required to do as much as 15 minutes worth of make-up P.E. instruction (per day missed), within the next 7 days time.
-Students who need more individualized attention in reaching the State & Diocese set grade-level benchmarks may be expected to participate in these sessions also.
• For grades 3 - 8, one day a week is designated for Health Class, which includes a curriculum of physical well-being, nutrition, hygiene and
drug awareness. A quarterly Health Project or Test will also be
assigned in this class.
P.E. / Health Grading Scale
E: excellent S: satisfactory N: needs improvement U: unsatisfactory
P.E. and Health Grades are based on the following:
• Participation, Effort, Cooperation and Sportsmanship or P.E.C.S. (Grades are NOT based on a student’s athletic ability)
• Student being regularly dressed out in the full P.E. uniform. -After two times not being “dressed out” in one quarter, parents will be notified. A third occurrence will adversely affect grades.
• Notes when required, handed in at the designated times
Behavior Management System
• Students must respect the rules of the activities, participate and display good sportsmanship.
• Students are expected to show one another mutual respect, honesty, fairness and team commitment.
• If the aforementioned expectations are not met, Coach may require the student “sit out” of P.E. or lunch recess.
• If the sub-par behavior continues, disciplinary notices requiring
a parent’s signature will be sent home with the student.
The Athlete’s Prayer
Be it court or field on which we play
May God protect us all this day
From injury, hurt or pain.
And true sportsmanship may we gain.
Grant us strength of body, soul and mind
At games and sports of every kind. Amen.
Extra Curricular Sports
A current SPORTS PHYSICAL IS REQUIRED to practice with or play for any of our sports teams. (Please go to the SAS Sports Forms link for any forms needed.)
Games are played in the Northern Suncoast Catholic Schools Conference which also includes Bishop Larkin, Notre Dame and Pope John Paul II Schools. Provided they meet the physical, academic and conduct requirements, students in grades 5 - 8 may participate in our inter-school sports program. Complete schedules can be obtained in the office, but click the link below to review the basic schedules for Golf, Tennis, Flag Football, Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball and Soccer.
Helpful Links for SAS ATHLETICS.
Saint Anthony Athletics Information
Wall of Honor
SAS Sports Forms
Come support the Warriors!